A February prayer from St. Brigid (Feb 1)
I would like the angels of Heaven to be among us. I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all. I would like Jesus to be present. I would like the three Marys of illustrious renown to be with us. I would like the friends of Heaven to be gathered around us from all parts. I would like myself to be a rent payer to the Lord; that I should suffer distress, that he would bestow a good blessing upon me. I would like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings. I would like to be watching Heaven's family drinking it through all eternity.
The Prayer Room is VERY BUSY this month, and we need your help with these matters:
Sr. Polly Flo is not recovering from knee surgery as well as expected and has moved on to other treatments. She asks for prayers for Syd the cat, almost 20-years-old now.
Sisters Maryanne and Larry, had to put their beloved dog Daisy to sleep. She was their baby, ad this was a hard decision.
Sr. Sara's dog Baron is getting up there in years and has been ailing. Also pray for her new Newfie pup, Boss, whom we wish many happy years ahead. Let's hope the dog hair vaccum sweeper holds up. A Newfie's got about an acre of it to shed.
Sr. Jean's Sophie as heart trouble, diabetes and renal failure, but still demands that the pate d' chicken be served up at 4 p.m. sharp. On a special plate. In a private room.
Sr. Paul's new cat Oogie showed up on the very day his old shop cat died. Happy coincidence or sinister plot? Oogie ain't sayin'.
Sr. Dan is having post-stroke surgery this week. Sr. Dan, former Air Force lifer, has been a friend to dogs and cats all his life.
And, finally, prayers for Kentucky Derber winner Barbero, who lost his battle to stand on four legs.
I would like the angels of Heaven to be among us. I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all. I would like Jesus to be present. I would like the three Marys of illustrious renown to be with us. I would like the friends of Heaven to be gathered around us from all parts. I would like myself to be a rent payer to the Lord; that I should suffer distress, that he would bestow a good blessing upon me. I would like a great lake of beer for the King of Kings. I would like to be watching Heaven's family drinking it through all eternity.
The Prayer Room is VERY BUSY this month, and we need your help with these matters:
Sr. Polly Flo is not recovering from knee surgery as well as expected and has moved on to other treatments. She asks for prayers for Syd the cat, almost 20-years-old now.
Sisters Maryanne and Larry, had to put their beloved dog Daisy to sleep. She was their baby, ad this was a hard decision.
Sr. Sara's dog Baron is getting up there in years and has been ailing. Also pray for her new Newfie pup, Boss, whom we wish many happy years ahead. Let's hope the dog hair vaccum sweeper holds up. A Newfie's got about an acre of it to shed.
Sr. Jean's Sophie as heart trouble, diabetes and renal failure, but still demands that the pate d' chicken be served up at 4 p.m. sharp. On a special plate. In a private room.
Sr. Paul's new cat Oogie showed up on the very day his old shop cat died. Happy coincidence or sinister plot? Oogie ain't sayin'.
Sr. Dan is having post-stroke surgery this week. Sr. Dan, former Air Force lifer, has been a friend to dogs and cats all his life.
And, finally, prayers for Kentucky Derber winner Barbero, who lost his battle to stand on four legs.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home